NSWRFS Schools cadetship Program
Kincumber High School is very excited to invite an expression of interest for up to 22 students year 9 and year 10 students to be selected & participate in The NSW RFS Secondary Schools Cadet Program, Term 3, 2018
The cadetship will run 2 hours a week for 10 weeks on a Tuesday instead of sport.
Week: 1. Overview of the NSW RFS and fire behaviour
2. Structure of the NSW RFS, vehicles and familiarisation
3. NSW RFS rank and bush firefighting equipment
4. Emergency services in the local community
5. Bush fire survival plan and emergency drills
6. Casualty assistance
7. Practical scenarios
8. Brigade visits and extinguishers
9. Practical scenarios and revision
10. Final theory and practical assessment and presentation of certificates
The program provides Year 9 and 10 students with an insight into fire safety and prevention whilst developing practical life skills and a general appreciation of community service and volunteerism. The aim of the program is to:
· Develop an interest in the NSW RFS and its traditions
· Provide cadets with knowledge of fire safety and preparedness
· Develop the qualities of leadership, self-discipline, self reliance, initiative and team work
· Encourage cadets to continue service in the NSW RFS or other community service organisations
· Provide training that can contribute to NSW RFS firefighter and other specialist training. These qualifications can be used in later life, whether it’s for work or for joining a volunteer rural fire brigade.
no cost to the student!!
Please see Ms Langston for an expression of interest form and return as soon as possible